The Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another prayer request

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uvuriel

Uvuriel

Another prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Another prayer request   Another prayer request I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:39 pm

I feel like a total moocher for posting twice in here in less than a week. But maybe there's a reason I ended up here with this clan at this point in my life?

My dad is leaving my mom/our family. I would like prayer, for my heartbroken mother, for my angry brothers, and for myself, also angry, hurt, and betrayed.

My dad is the one who taught me about the sanctity of marriage. So him doing this is... unbelievable. He was my moral compass and advisor all my life, and now it's like he's going back on everything he taught me.

I'm in the long, patient process of writing him a letter, and I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to look it over and confirm that it conveys what I want it to--that even though I am hurt, angry, and feel betrayed, I still love my dad unconditionally, even if I respect him less, and I want to help him with his pride. It was the one negative trait that my dad has in bulk and passed on to me, and it's something I have struggled with in my own relationships. Thankfully, I've recognized it and been working on it, but that isn't so with my dad. But I feel like I have learned things that would help him with his own struggles, if he choses to stop denying them.

So prayer, please, and a volunteer to proof my letter.

Thanks.

Humbly,
Rachel
Back to top Go down
http://rachelklemm.com
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Another prayer request   Another prayer request I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:13 pm

sorry for that... makes all my worries seem so minor anyway god help you.
Back to top Go down
bungfut

PostSubject: I can read it   Another prayer request I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey Uv,

If you still need someone to look over the letter you can send me the letter I don't mind reading it over. Praying for you.

kennethyu@gmail.com

Back to top Go down
tmbrown545

tmbrown545

PostSubject: Re: Another prayer request   Another prayer request I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I can certainly give you my prayer support and for your family as well. I faced similar circumstances when my own parents separated and divorced after 18-years of marriage leaving my Mum to raise 3-brothers on her own. I hope that your sibilings are older, you do not mention that in your post but with age comes some wisdom and understanding that you cannot keep two people together that have stuggled over the years with a relationship that wasn't working.

Remember the words from the commandments to 'honor your Father and Mother' and try to be there for them both. Don't pick sides and do not let them put you in the middle. Hopefully they are mature enough to 'own' there parts played in the failing of the marriage.

And do not feel that you need to be 'the rock' of the family. Express you anger and pain so that it does not come back to cripple your own relationship with family, friends, or loved ones.

Keep your head up, your faith stong and rely on good friends to help you through this time in your life. If you need someone to talk to certainly PM me or catch me in game.

God bless,

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another prayer request   Another prayer request I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another prayer request
Page 1 of 1