The Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding our first ever Tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sephir0t

Sephir0t

Regarding our first ever Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Regarding our first ever Tournament   Regarding our first ever Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm

The tournament went pretty well considering it was our first one. There was a few issues such as people not attending and some leaving early. And I dont think we even finished the tourny (I heard it was to continue in 2 hours) so maybe we can continue next week? Other than that, excellent job on the bracket and thanks to everyone who showed up. Im sure we can be looking forward to more tournaments in the future Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ThePrankster
Admin
ThePrankster

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our first ever Tournament   Regarding our first ever Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:27 am

Hey Sep I agree. I think it did go pretty well all things considered.

At this point I think it would be wise for players to talk to their competition and continue when both teams are ready. I am not on all the time, and can not do that feat of organizing. So, may I suggest using the forum to make a "date" for your match? When a match is completed post on the bracket thread, and I can update the brackets. Ideally it would be cool if we could finish it up today. But I know that people have lives, and it might not be possible. But see if you can get a hold of your competition after church. Between 12 CST, and 2 CST would probably be a good time to try. As, that is the early afternoon for everyone.

Things I would like to adjust. Next tournament that we do I plan on having leaders from each team. They will organize their own matches on the day. It is pretty stressful for me (a player on a team) to organize everything while trying to play. This way we break down the responsibility, and make it easier on everyone. That way no one has to wait on me, and teams can take the initiative themselves to start the match.

For next tournament we will have time slots. Where you must show up at a specific time with your team, even if it is subs. Or, your team is DQ'd if all players are not there withing 10 minutes, for that match. It is unfortunate, but we had several players who didn't show up until later making everyone wait. So, next tournament we will take the rules a bit more seriously.

All players will have to respond to the thread talking about the tournament indicating: their understanding of the rules and times, what team they are on, if they are a sub player, and if they are the leader of their team or not.

Leaders will be held responsible for the organizing of their team games.

This tournament we tried to extend the period of time to make a team. We will not do that in the future. If people are interested they will have to make their teams 24 hours before the tournament. That way it lowers the hecticness/stress on my part, and makes the tournament more structurally sound. People who are interested after that part, or even before can apply to be a sub. That way we can have a pool of people available to draw from, as opposed to looking for someone/anyone last minute. If a team is eliminated from competition their players automatically become subs for the duration of the tournament.

I know there are some rules here that may seem a little bit strict. But, their purpose is to move along the tourney, and make it as fair as possible for everyone.

If there are any other things you would like to share. Whether it be thoughts on these new rules, or on the tournament so far, please feel free to post.
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our first ever Tournament   Regarding our first ever Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:24 pm

I was only around for the very beginning and everything went as easy as could be for our 1st time. We will set times for matches soon, that was a lot of LoL to try and squeeze in. Remember, even the Dreakhack playoffs were two days, so to expect us to be able to do it in 1 is a little bit of a stretch.

Good job Prank in organizing it. I think by having team leaders register their teams on challonge will really help becasue that site will send emails to remind players about game times and stuff. It is really good.

We'll do better next time, and hopefully they all just get bigger and better.
Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our first ever Tournament   Regarding our first ever Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:53 pm

So when is the rest of the matches gonna be?
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our first ever Tournament   Regarding our first ever Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:50 pm

No idea, I'll try to organize it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding our first ever Tournament   Regarding our first ever Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding our first ever Tournament
Page 1 of 1