The Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming 5v5 Tournament

Go down 
+5
steadyknockn
Sephir0t
SpartaLancer
Kiyou
ThePrankster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePrankster
Admin
ThePrankster

Upcoming 5v5 Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Heya, folks! Time to start thinking about our next clan tourney. This one will be a 5v5, other details (prizes, date, times, etc.) coming soon. This tournament will be less casual than the last, with definite time slots for each match up. We will probably not be able to schedule it perfectly, but we will try to accommodate as many people as possible who want to play. But keep in mind, some people work on weekends, some people are on the other side of the globe, so scheduling such a match isn't easy.

If you would like to join up, please post your team name and members as a reply in this thread, and go
ahead and add your team name to the bracket HERE.
Back to top Go down
Kiyou

Kiyou

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Might I suggest that if we have enough players that want to do it, we try to do a longer term style league. Say 1 match a week between the teams. That way the teams have a week to arrange their match with each other. And the matches would be announced on Monday and the results would have to be reported by the following Sunday.
Back to top Go down
ThePrankster
Admin
ThePrankster

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Hey Kiyou.

That is a really really good idea. We can almost do our own mini season 2. That would require alot of organization and help. Team leaders would be a must.
Back to top Go down
Kiyou

Kiyou

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 am

most definitely. my suggestion follows a set tournament format, do it round robin. Do matches of 3, where each win in a match awards the team 1 pt. (i.e. if the match is 2-0, the winning team gets 2 pts and the losing gets 0. but if its 2-1 winners get 2 and losers get 1) at the end of the 'season' we can have a post-season. where the highest ranked teams have a playoff tournament. Ideally we would need at least 8 teams to justify doing playoffs.
Back to top Go down
SpartaLancer

SpartaLancer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 pm

ThePrankster wrote:
Heya, folks! Time to start thinking about our next clan tourney. This one will be a 5v5, other details (prizes, date, times, etc.) coming soon. This tournament will be less casual than the last, with definite time slots for each match up. We will probably not be able to schedule it perfectly, but we will try to accommodate as many people as possible who want to play. But keep in mind, some people work on weekends, some people are on the other side of the globe, so scheduling such a match isn't easy.

If you would like to join up, please post your team name and members as a reply in this thread, and go
ahead and add your team name to the bracket HERE.

Im interested in playing but i dont have a team and help would be great!
Back to top Go down
Sephir0t

Sephir0t

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Im totally up for it.
Back to top Go down
steadyknockn

PostSubject: :)   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Ima a beast someone put me on your team Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePrankster
Admin
ThePrankster

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Ok. I have got the ball rolling. But I need someone else to lead the tournament this time.

Leading isn't that hard. Its mostly getting people to sign up, informing them of the thread, and stuff like that. Come up with rules, and other stuff.

We have a great foundation to build on from our previous tournament. However, we need someone else to take the ball and run with it. I can not do it this time around.

So, someone(s) need to step up, or we just wont have a tournament.

Alright. The ball is rolling, who is gonna pick it up?
Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:42 am

I will pick it up, This time P jake is the one making our team so am gonna be mostly free
Back to top Go down
Blackstarfire

Blackstarfire

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Sounds fun I'll join any team that needs a fella'
Back to top Go down
Oxy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 pm

will we finish the tourny this time ;P
Back to top Go down
SpartaLancer

SpartaLancer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 pm

when is the tourney going to be?
Back to top Go down
Kutara

Kutara

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 pm

I'd love to be in the tournament if possible. I just need a team first. :/ Let me know who is looking. I can fill all sorts of roles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming 5v5 Tournament   Upcoming 5v5 Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming 5v5 Tournament
Page 1 of 1