The Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)

Go down 
+4
danywar
Sephir0t
darkarim
PastorJaKe
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) Empty
PostSubject: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:17 pm

This is the starter thread for my team. The name is open for change but for now we're called Start Strong, End Stronger. Here is the lineup at this very moment. I am still waiting for Danywar to get back to me to be our final member. We will not go any higher than the 8 on this list so that we are almost always able to field a team on any given day.

BohemianParody, Darkarim, Danywar (awaiting his acceptance of invitation), Lntergral, PastorJaKe, RegisLOL, Sephir0t, and Sweatyballs

I am very happy with this team and I think it will be fun to grow and learn to play well together. All members are important and all will grow to have specific roles in this crew. When I get word from Danywar I will email all of you with contact info and possible ideas for moving forward. Let's make this happen.
Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:23 pm

YEEEEEEAAAAAA

i like the name btw Smile
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

It's not just a team name, it's a life motto... Glad you like it! Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
Sephir0t

Sephir0t

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

awesome! cant wait to start playing our first official team games!
Back to top Go down
danywar

danywar

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:05 am

so exactly what is the role of every person here lol ?
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:37 am

I will put together a basic idea tomorrow and see what you guys think. I want to go to bed...
Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:21 am

Not to be a debby downer, but I think we should have that as a team motto and come up with a shorter more catchy name! I'm excited to get the team going! We should all think of some names then vote
Back to top Go down
Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:47 am

LOL PastorJake makes our team cooler than the paper brigade Smile)
Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:05 am

regislol wrote:
Not to be a debby downer, but I think we should have that as a team motto and come up with a shorter more catchy name! I'm excited to get the team going! We should all think of some names then vote
Agreed
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:02 am

LOL, you guys are hilarious. Think of some possible names and throw them my way. I'm not married to the name at all. Let me know what you think. BTW, I'll be posting our basic "roles" and what I'm thinking in terms of comps later today. And please remember that I am new to this type of LOL and I want your input like mad crazy. I also don't want to pigeon-hol people into doing anything they don't want to do. Like, for example, I don't want to say, "RegisLOL, you must always play support champs" because I know that flexibility is always the best policy in this game. I also don't have to be the leader and the one calling the shots. Plenty of you are much more experienced and skilled than I am, I just want to be the catalyst (the protector, lol) of creating a team that will grow together and hopefully see good results. I'll catch ya'll later in game or here on another post.
Back to top Go down
Sephir0t

Sephir0t

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:15 am

Team Genesis Wink
Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:15 am

there was that name prank suggested.. it was gonna be our clan name but then he changed it to immortals... the name is on infinity edge or to infinity edge.

oh and btw i challenged the paper bridge team for a fight... thought about tellin u guys. sorry about not tellin you before doing that i was just too exited. For those who dont know what paper bridge is it is another team that prank is in i think bayne created it.

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:59 pm

We'll dominate the paper brigade! but only if we can find a cool team name first!

Do you guys want to aim for like.... a religiousish name?

I don't know if i like this one but it's funny... "GI JOB" heh
Back to top Go down
danywar

danywar

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:32 pm

we could do some parody-copy of the popular SoC clan, except this time we will be "Summoners of Christ" instead of "Soldiers of Christ"
Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Exalted

Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:10 pm

I think we should also talk about some good 3's composition and get a 3's team or 2 going for when everybody's not on. Need to set some times to so we can get stuff going
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Alright guys, I want to preface all of this by saying that I am not setting the hard and fast way we're gonna play, nor am I the one to call all the shots. I want to get this down on paper and then we can work on it from here. Here are my thoughts on roles...

It would be VERY helpful if I could get a list from all of you on a PM of all the champs you currently own as well as which ones are your best champs.

I'm making these calls based on match histories and my experience with you guys. I am ALWAYS open for changed and input so feel free...

PastorJaKe - Jungler/Support (Olaf/Nunu/Amumu/Singed/Soraka[want to get Janna too]) Jungle or Bottom Lane
Danywar - Tank/Support (Alistar/Shen/Soraka/Nidalee) - Bottom Lane/Roam
Sephir0t - Melee DPS (Rumble/WW/Jax) - Bottom Lane or Top Lane 2v1
Darkarim - Ranged AD Carry (Ezreal, Twtch, Teemo) - Mid or Top 1v1
BohemianParody - Ranged AP/AD (Annie/Ashe/Sivir) - Mid or top 1v1
REgisLOL - Melee Carry (Akali/Nocturne/Katarina) Top or Bottom Lane
Sweatyballs - Bruiser/Tank (Vlad/Alistar/Xin) Bottom Lane
Lntergral - Support/ranged AD Carry [Nidalee, Vayne, Teemo] (He is a true reserve, not regular on the team) Mid or Top

This is ALL up for change, I just wanted to give you guys a starting point. We can tighten this up once I know more about what champs we all have and who we are confident playing as.

I really don't want to get in a place where people are being forced to play one role all the time. I know that it will help us at first to get into a team groove, but from there we can be very flexible. I don't have to jungle all the time for example. I don't have WW yet, and if the other team takes Olaf and we don't want Nunu in a game we can pop WW in the jungle and I can go Singed for example. We just need to be flexible and work it out.

It might be a great thing to do some Vent mock drafts vs. the Paper Brigade where we are all on one channel and we just talk out a draft and discuss team comps so that both teams can get some experience doing it together. I'll run it by Bayne and see if we can hook that up some time.

Please, please, please give me feedback on this and click on the members link at the top of the page and send me a personal message with all the champs you have and break them down by your comfort level with them. Once I get that from you guys I will post it in a separate thread just for us...

Also, when it comes to team names... I am not one that likes overtly religious names. I don't like Christian t-shirts with like huge bible verses on them or pop culture references that are tweaked to also reference Jesus. I think they are cheesy. So I would vote for something that has a religious foundation, but is not too "Christian-y." Genesis is good because it does mean Beginning and that is where we are as a team.

This is a little out there, but what about... "The Men of Smyrna"? Revelation 2:10b in the letter to the church of Smyrna says, "Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown." So the thought is that our champs are going into battle, they will suffer pain, and they most likely will die. But if we are faithful to the cause, we will get the victor's crown. I know it's a real stretch and maybe a little blasphemous (I don't think so) but it's funny and creative...

I'll leave it up to you guys... Anywho, get me your champ lists and note who you are comfortable with and who you are not and we will go from there!

JaKe

Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:24 pm

i think that is really awesome. all what is left is to get a game goin.

also am not sure if i can carry as twitch right now.. i like to play him more as a roamer and that annoing element Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Oh, and with 3's team comps, I've got one suggestion... Singed/Malphite/Nocturne... OMGoodness it's so strong... 3's is all about tanky DPS so any team comp with Olaf, Singed, Mundo, Malphite, Warwick, Rumble, Nocturne, Xin, Irelia, Nasus and more tanky ranged champs like Ryze, Vlad, and Urgot is going to be good. I just laughed when my friends and I queued up as Singed/Malphite/Nocture vs a team of Veigar/Xin/Cassiopeia. It was absolutely hilarious to watch us just dominate them from the start. I think I have that replay too, just hilarious.

I would be down for 3's whenever just a few of us are online. Just hit me up and I'll go if I'm available.
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Twitch can carry easy on the right team comp. Twitch/Janna or Twitch/Morgana has been strong for a LONG time. Put that bubble on him and watch teams drop like flies... This was just a discussion starter anyways...
Back to top Go down
Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Colossians 3:23!
it doesn't have to be words
Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:59 pm

PastorJaKe wrote:

Also, when it comes to team names... I am not one that likes overtly religious names. I don't like Christian t-shirts with like huge bible verses on them or pop culture references that are tweaked to also reference Jesus. I think they are cheesy. So I would vote for something that has a religious foundation, but is not too "Christian-y." Genesis is good because it does mean Beginning and that is where we are as a team.

I agree with this statement
Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:01 pm

I like the idea of just having a scripture
Back to top Go down
regislol

regislol

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Judges 15:15 Smile
Back to top Go down
PastorJaKe

PastorJaKe

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I have been uber busy the last week at work. i'm off for the next two days so I'll be able to get some work done for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)   Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start Strong, End Stronger (Team Thread)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next