The Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Depression Issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uvuriel

Uvuriel

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

Not mine, but my boyfriend's. His name is Zak, and he has been struggling with depression most of his adult life. He fought it off with the help of medication about 2 years ago, but now he is starting to relapse. We are trying to figure out what to do about it. He's an over-the-road trucker, so we're not sure he can take medication and still drive.

Prayer and encouragement for him would be most welcome.

Thanks, guys.
Back to top Go down
http://rachelklemm.com
ThePrankster
Admin
ThePrankster

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:47 am

Hey Rachel,

I'll definitely be praying for him. I know that it can be a real tough issue to face in ones life. My Mom, and close friends have struggled with it mightily.
Back to top Go down
Sephir0t

Sephir0t

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:22 pm

I will pray for him, being on the road for long periods of time can be depressing. My uncle was on the truck and would leave behind 9 children at home while he was gone for weeks at a time. I pray god strengthens him.
Back to top Go down
Uvuriel

Uvuriel

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. =)
Back to top Go down
Quakester

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: will be praying   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Am praying for him right now.

I myself have too long of a history of it. With the right medication (and I emphasize "right" because some just doesn't seem to work, in which case trying a different one may be necessary), constant prayers and spiritual support from my Church and family I gradually recovered, I believe this should work for Zak as well.

It is an extremely difficult thing to wake up to and live through that sense of worthlessness that tells you you are better dead than alive. Yet the truth is our Lord is so incomprehensibly greater than our darkest valleys. He is our only hope.

Back to top Go down
Lengone

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 am

Something that works for me when I am down is some out of doors exercise. Taking a walk, run or even some yard work has been a great help to me along with prayer and spiritual meditation.

I know its going out on a limb (ignore me if you feel I am way out of line) however I cant help but wonder if the depression is not a sign of God trying to lead him to another employment. My depression was bad when I was a paper carrier so I quit. Some parts of my life became harder but in general it was the right decision.

Anyways I will pray for him.
Back to top Go down
Uvuriel

Uvuriel

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah, doing exercise isn't really an option for Zak. And as to a sign from God, I don't really think that's the case, since Zak struggled with this at other jobs, as well. Either way, he has an appointment with his doctor coming up in a short while, and his doctor will get him on proper medication.

Thanks for your prayers guys. And also, sorry neither of us have been on LoL lately. We've been playing Minecraft, which is... much less stressful for him right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Depression Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Issues   Depression Issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Depression Issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Immortals :: Spiritual Discussion :: Prayer Requests-
Jump to: