The Immortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for members of The Immortals, a Christian League of Legends clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

could u suggest a good anime for me?

Go down 
+4
cLee
OnTehBrink
ThePrankster
darkarim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
darkarim

darkarim

could u suggest a good anime for me? Empty
PostSubject: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:58 pm

the ones i watched so far are Naruto, Full Metal Alchemis,Hunte X hunter and Death note. i also watched a part of bleach but i didnt like it. thx Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePrankster
Admin
ThePrankster

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:52 am

Avatar: The Last Air Bender, is one of my favorite shows ever. It is only 3 seasons long, but everything about it, is amazing.
Back to top Go down
OnTehBrink

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Soul Eater, 50 episodes of pure greatness.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Considered to be the best Anime in Japan, its about 10 years old now but still is kicking and awesome. There have been thoughts to turn it into a Live Action Movie.

Trinity Blood. This is an interesting one that I always come back to watch because the story is really out there but close to home for Christians. Pretty much it is an apacolyptic world and Vampires are hunting down humans. The Church is depicted as the last safehood of humanity from the Vampires . It involves one Priest who is called a Crusnik, or a Vampire who feasts only on the blood of Vampires. Very interesting story, kind of reminds me of Blade, but it is solid.

GUNADM WING: Any of them are good, stay away from the 3d animation one, not as good as the original but really good still.

Afro Samurai. If you love Samuel L. Jackson, then you will love this one.

Cowboy Bebop: I am currently on my first time through this one. Very Solid, kind of reminds of what Firefly would have been if it would have kept going. That is what I always think of. When I am watching it

Dragonball or Dragonball Z: Remember these when I was growing up. If i could make a suggestion with this one, try to find the original japanese with english subtitles. The story makes a little bit more sense then but the english voice acting is very good. Ranks up there with the Gundam Series in terms of Voice Acting.

Samurai Jack: I don't know where to rank this, between cartoon and Anime. It is one of the few American Anime that I have found. But it is awesome and it is a very interesting story. Unfortunately though it got canceled and there was no real closure, Kind of the Arrested Development thing, got canceled and there was not that much closure.

There is always the Pokemon Series, the originals mind you. Red and Blue Series. But they are still being made which baffles me to this day.

.hack//Sign: I have not watched this at all, but it has a good story and is something I plan to watch this summer. Pretty much its the future where when you play video games you are actually in the game. Like you whole body is in there and the only way to get out is to sign out. Some boy gets his account hacked so he cannot sign out. Kind of like a Matrixy feel to, if he dies in the game he dies for real life since he cannot sign out.

I have more if you are interested. I love watching these because they are simetimes better than what we get on TV in the States In my Opinion
Back to top Go down
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:19 pm

i will try soul eater for sure.
.hack//Sign i acctally tried watching that watched like the first 10 episode and got kinda bored.. too much music and talking for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
cLee

cLee

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Definately fairy tail or i been watching old school stuff Rouni kenshin,yuyu hakasho, and dragonball z yes i said it DRAGONBALL Z.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677001677
OnTehBrink

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:55 pm

concerning .hack//sign you need to get past the first 15 episode before it gets crazy good.

but I am curious, how you enjoying Soul Eater?
Back to top Go down
Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:16 pm

try "howls moving castle in the sky", "grave of fireflies" or "Mushi-shi"

Last edited by Bohemian Rhapsody on Wed May 18, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cLee

cLee

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Blood+ and Wolf's Rain is good as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677001677
darkarim

darkarim

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:50 am

i didnt really start the sole one yet and i guess i can watch some more hack now
Back to top Go down
Kiyou

Kiyou

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:31 pm

I liked Soul Eater, except how they Harry Potter'ed the ending.

Currently I am on season 2 of Chrome Shelled Regios.

Just finished Rin: Daughters of the Mnemosyne (weird, complicated and relatively short)

Netflix is amazing, unfortunately it only has Funimation anime.

Others good bits include Darker than Black, Black Lagoon, and Elfen Lied for serious anime.
Sekirei, Shuffle, and Girls Bravo! for not serious at all anime.

For a seriously intense but depressing anime try School Days, it starts out very bright and cheery but deals with teens sleeping around and the negative side effects.
Back to top Go down
Shadowkillerk

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:01 am

Full Metal Panic is good and is filled with constant hilarious stuff. Full metal Alchemist is a good one as well. Keichi the mightiest disciple is funny as well. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Oxy

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Series-

Soul Eater: silly but good, the male characters are somewhat over the top and annoying tho

Cowboy Bebop: one of the all time greats

Kino's Journey: amazing, somewhat depressing though but amazing insight and inspired episodes

Princess Tutu: if you like little girl fairy tales its really good Razz

Peacekeeper: rouruni kenshin had a love child with the more serious side of naruto

Rouruni Kenshin: amazing series and a few movies to boot, suggest watching in chronological order beginning with the movie

Evangelion: classic mecha series

Gurren Lagan: must watch series, its one of those silly ones that almost makes you cry how inspiring it is

Hajime no Ippo: decent series

Fullmetal Alchemist: good series, a little over rated imo with all the fanboyism

Beck: highschool band scene goodness

Black Lagoon: good first season, maybe tried a little too hard to break into the bebop niche

Spice & Wolf: watch this with your gf

Honey & Clover: watch this with your gf

Inuyasha: decent series, a lil over rated due to network television

FLCL: AMAZING top tier makes no sense till you get to the end of the short series

Trigun: epic classic cant go wrong

Gundam: classic mecha, start with the first few seasons or youll be completely lost, dont bother with the mini mecha chibi series

Samurai 7: anime take on the classic seven samurai/magnificent 7 story, pretty good with a few twists

Initial D: if your into building/racing cars and or drifting

Macross Saga: classic mecha, one of the first animes also one of the first mecha series (read the books and fall in love with the characters NOT THE MANGA THE BOOKS)

Elfen Lied: amazing story makes you cry and wish there was more

Ergo Proxy: another must watch! good plot and animation

Gungrave: good series, takes a few episodes to pick up speed tho

Outlaw Star: hmmmm harem style space adventure

Last Exile: steam punk airstyle!

Chi's Sweet Home/New Address: heh watch with your gf and fall alseep, or dont and enjoy the cuteness Razz

Wolf's Rain: good series lil girly

Vampire Knight: another watch with your gf

Highschool of the Dead: I love it, but i have a zombie fetish, other than that its highschoolers with big boobs killing junk with a lil bit of drama

Naruto: ehh first few seasons are really good, they just end up getting better and better fight scenes but after the 6th season i had to stop (i think they are up to like 15 seasons now lil overrated)

Bleach: ehh a lot over rated, decent series but yeah too convoluted

DragonBall Z: overrated yet awesome. first dragonball series was good, Z was good and set a bar but every episode = 10 mins of recap, 15 mins of talking 2 mins fight 3 mins preview

Basilisk: top tier also great sword n sorcery (read: ninjas) also there is a live action movie called Shinobi: heart under blade thats same story (its anime romeo and juliet)

Paranoi Agent: really good, confuzing as crap till you realize whats going on, maybe hard to watch for some

Hellsing: awesome series, also the OVAS a retelling of the series thats possibly way better than the series (yet the OVAS arent finished and are taking forever to come out)

Excel Saga: ahha freaking hilarious, most people hate it because of her voice but the series is funny (and gets even funnier once you realize the whole point of the show is to make fun of anime)

Chobits: Elfen Lied but dummer and a little more pervy/edgy/uncomfortable to watch for some

Desert Punk: heh boobs and amusing banter, kinda trying to follow the trigun, decent series but eh

Slayers: another classic, good series nothing really to note

Jyu Oh Sei: amusing

Tenchi: ummm theres a number of tenchi series, classic (one of the original?) harem series, not bad

Ranma 1/2: classic lulzy boy gets turned into girl meets girl laughs ensue

Black Jack: good series, and a number of offshoot series

Trinity Blood: decent, tries to follow after the witchhunter robin niche only with vampires instead

Witchhunter Robin: decent series, maybe a lil too serious for its own good

Gantz: oh man, beginning WTPOOP middle WTPOOP THIS IS TERRIBLE end WTPOOP THAT WAS GOOD BUT WTPOOP theres another season but i couldnt bring myself to watch yet >.<

Solty Rei: good, not much to say

Big O: decent watch, kinda wierd story that doesnt explain itself untill the end and goes in circles throught the series

Gokusen: really amusing teacher kicks butt and is all gangster and stuff with her wannabe gangser class

Flame of Recca: old sword and sorcery (read: ninja) series, decent but kinda old and slow

Afro Samurai: lol really good anime, kinda stupid story, good fights, annoying sidekick sort of, (note movie and series are the same but chopped up with more footage) also afro samurai 2

Yu gi Oh: original series was decent, dont bother with the rest

Pokemon: oh come on lets be honest who didnt go home and watch this daily? original series is good havent bothered with the others

Ghost in the Shell SAC: good, but i cant help relate it with the original movies and cant figure out why its in the Ghost in the Shell franchise

Record of the Lodoss War: cool D&D anime, kinda old but yeah its D&D (not related to dragonlance or the other storyline i cant remember atm)

.hack: amazing story, long watch, offshoot series and video games(!) (note: games are retelling same story and repetitive, offshoots are same story different people/places as far as i can tell)

Ronin Warriors: classic samurai/sorta mecha series

Street Fighter: stick with SF II Alpha, the original is kinda slow (also the movies are good but again stick with II and Alpha)

Samurai Deeper Kyo: good series, along the rouruni kenshin/samurai x lines

Gilgamesh: decent, kinda like witchhunter robin series i guess

Hello Kitty: watch it with your lil sister (also a bunch of ofshoot series)

My little Pony Friendship is magic: watch it with your lil sister

Azumanga Daioh: watch it with your lil sister, amusing despite being girly and stupid

Well I'm running out of stuff and the suggestions are starting to get stupid so yeah, anyway ill post a movies section after i go eat or something later.

PS- Deathnote is pure trash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: could u suggest a good anime for me?   could u suggest a good anime for me? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

could u suggest a good anime for me?
Page 1 of 1